There are many people who send their sons and daughters to private school and there are many more who send their children to public schools. The important thing to note is that a lot of people in the US don’t know about the advantages of top private schools over public schools. If you have been thinking of enrolling your child in one of the top private schools in the US then it is a great decision but how do you find out if the school really offers what your child needs.
You need to consider several aspects of a school before reaching a decision. Let us look at some of the important aspects that will help in decision making.
Your needs: First and foremost is identifying your needs or your child’s requirements. It is extremely important that you start to look within your family and start working out the various needs of your child before thinking about applying to one of the top schools. If you are wondering why then the answer is that most top schools look the same from the outside. Each school has their own strength but it is not necessary that the private school you choose will be able to satisfy the need of your child. Every child has varied requirements and hence you need to focus on finding a school depending on your child’s need. While identifying your child’s requirements, you need to segregate them on the basis of their desire, extra curricular activities they prefer, and their practical ability. The following pointers will help you to segregate your requirements:
Practical requirements: These requirements have to be met so that your child can have a better future. When you are looking through top private schools, you will come across some great schools that offer just about everything but they might not be able to meet your practical requirements. At that point you will have to rule out that particular school as a possibility. When we say practical requirements, then it suggests the following:
– How far is the school from your home?
– Will your child require transportation or will the school provide the same?
– Does your child require a before-school or after-school care?
– Does your child have any kind of linguistic, emotional, physical, or any other learning need that would demand special attention?
– How much is the education and enrollment fee in top private schools? What is your budget?
– Are you looking for a private boarding school or a day school?
Desired requirements: This includes the various options and criteria’s that you will most likely focus on while looking at top private schools. Some of the questions that you need to ask here are:
– What type of curriculum are you looking at? Some parents opt for science while others opt for art or commerce.
– Are you looking for modern facilities at the private school?
– What type of school environment will you prefer for your child – small or large?
– Are you looking for top private schools with multiple grade levels like K-12?
– Are you looking for a private school where parent teacher involvement is stressed upon?
– How is a particular school communicating with parents?
These questions will help you in filtering out schools and help you in choosing the top private schools for your child.